Safety Promotion is a set of means, processes and procedures that are used to develop, sustain and improve aviation safety through awareness raising and changing behaviours.
Since 2020 Safety Promotion material is published in the EASA Community and under Together4Safety before that date.
Safety Promotion is one key enabler to reach the ultimate objectives of the EU Safety Management Strategy and contributes to continuous improvement of our aviation safety system in Europe and worldwide, together with regulations and oversight.
Safety promotion includes the development of products and actions such as reports and technical publications, bulletins, leaflets and posters, audio-visual material, toolkits, manuals and guides, social media and e-applications, and also conferences, safety events, roadshows and campaigns. Safety Promotion is also about sharing best practices from the authorities and the industry. Safety Promotion can also contribute to the dissemination of regulatory developments.
Safety promotion activity features a strong dimension of communication and social marketing.
Together4Safety - Safety Promotion material
- Air Crew & Medical
- Commercial Air Transportation
- Dangerous Goods
- General Aviation
- Automation and Flight Path Management (with video)
- Avoid Distraction to Prevent CFIT (with video)
- EHSAT Safety Analysis Reports (former EHEST)
- Flight Recorders for Light Helicopters
- Helicopter Operators and Pilots: Preflight Risk Assessment for a Safety Mindset
- Help Prepare for the Safest Possible Flight (with apps)
- Manage Pressure from Passengers for a Safe and Enjoyable Flight experience (with video)
- Rotorcraft – A Key Priority For Safety in Europe
- Safety Management System (SMS) and Operations (former EHEST) (with videos)
- Safety Enhancing Technologies (former EHEST)
- Technologies with Safety Benefits
- Training and Education (former EHEST) (with video)
- National Aviation Authorities
- Unmanned Aerial Systems - Drones
- Safety Management
Safety Promotion networks & initiatives
- Commercial Aviation Safety Team (CAST) | SKYbrary Aviation Safety
- Helicopters safety multimedia & e-learning | Airbus
- Leonardo Helicopter Safety
- Vertical Aviation Safety Team (VAST) - Worldwide initiative
- European Safety Promotion Network Rotorcraft (ESPN-R)
- US Helicopter Safety Team (USHST)
- HAI Land and Live
- General Aviation Joint Steering Committee (GAJSC) - US initiative
- Safety Promotion Initiatives – Closed in 2016
- Safety Promotion Network (SPN)
Flight Data Monitioring
- European Authorities Coordination Group on Flight Data Monitoring (EAFDM)
- European Operators Flight Data Monitoring (EOFDM)
Conferences & Workshops