Through the rulemaking process we contribute to the production of EU legislation and implementation material related to civil aviation safety and environmental compatibility.
This section of the library contains the deliverables of the rulemaking process along with any key documentation aimed at supporting it.
As of 2018, the Rulemaking Programme is now included in the European Plan for Aviation Safety (EPAS), which is available here.
- 20/12/2022Regular update of the Air Operations rules: lessons learnt from standardisation inspections, helicopter operation issues, and transposition of several ICAO SARPs
- 20/12/2022Development of acceptable means of compliance and guidance material to support the U-space regulation
- 19/12/2022Introduction of a regulatory framework for the operation of unmanned aircraft systems and for urban air mobility in the European Union aviation system
- 11/11/2022Improvement in the survivability of rotorcraft occupants in the event of a crash — Phase 1 – Crash resistant fuel systems
- 26/09/2022Helicopter emergency medical service performance and public interest sites