In this site you can find:
- Operating in the specific category in a state different from the one of registration
- Conducting an operation covered by a STS in a state other than the state of registration
- Operations not covered by a STS
- Operators holding a LUC
- Stay informed
Operating in the specific category in a state different from the one of registration
When operators intend to conduct an operation which takes place partially or entirely in a state which is different from the one in which they are registered, they need first to submit the declaration (in case of STS) or to receive the operational authorisation (in the other cases) to the NAA of the state of registration. Then they need to provide some information to the NAA of the state of operation as described below
Conducting an operation covered by a STS in a state other than the state of registration
In case of standard scenarios (STS) operators need to:
- submit the declaration to the NAA of the State of registration, which will issue a confirmation of receipt and completeness, if the declaration is compliant with the Regulation;
- send to the NAA of operation a copy of the operational declaration and of the confirmation of receipt and completeness.
Regulatory reference Article 13 of EU Regulation 2019/947
Once the NAA of the state of operation acknowledge receipt of the documentation, the operator can immediately start operating following the requirement of the standard scenario. Please remember to check the geographical zone published by the NAA of operation.
Operations not covered by a STS
When operators intend to conduct an operation not covered by a STS, prior to the starting of the operation, the operator must identify the local conditions published by the NAA of the state of operation, applicable in the area where the operation is intended. Then the operator must provide the NAA of the intended operation with:
- a copy of the operational authorisation received from the NAA of registration;
- if needed, the updated mitigation measures to address the peculiarity of the area of operation;
- if needed, evidence of compliance with the local conditions.
The NAA of the state of operation will then assess the documentation provided and, if no issues are raised, confirm to the operator that the operations may start.
On receipt of the application, the NAA of the state/s of the intended operation will review the updated mitigation measure proposed. They will confirm to the operator that the application is satisfactory. Once the operator receives the confirmation from the NAA, the intended operation may then start.
Operators holding a LUC
Operators having a LUC (light UAS operator certificate) issued by the NAA of the state of registration, with privileges to self-authorise operations, must provide the NAA of the state of the intended operation with:
Regulatory reference: article 13 of EU regulation 2019/947.
For additional information please contact the team.