Safety Promotion is a set of means, processes and procedures that are used to develop, sustain and improve aviation safety through awareness raising and changing behaviours.
Safety Promotion is one key enabler to reach the ultimate objectives of the EU Safety Management Strategy and contributes to continuous improvement of our aviation safety system in Europe and worldwide, together with regulations and oversight.
Safety promotion includes the development of products and actions such as reports and technical publications, bulletins, leaflets and posters, audio-visual material, toolkits, manuals and guides, social media and e-applications, and also conferences, safety events, roadshows and campaigns. Safety Promotion is also about sharing best practices from the authorities and the industry. Safety Promotion can also contribute to the dissemination of regulatory developments.
Safety promotion activity features a strong dimension of communication and social marketing.
Safety Together! - Safety Promotion material
- Air Crew & Medical
- Commercial Air Transportation
- Dangerous Goods
- General Aviation
- Help Prepare for the Safest Possible Flight
- Helicopter Operators and Pilots: Preflight Risk Assessment for a Safety Mindset
- Rotorcraft – A Key Priority For Safety in Europe
- Training and Education (former EHEST)
- Safety Management System (SMS) and Operations (former EHEST)
- Safety Enhancing Technologies (former EHEST)
- EHSAT Safety Analysis Reports (former EHEST)
- National Aviation Authorities
- Unmanned Aerial Systems - Drones
Safety Promotion networks & initiatives
- Safety Promotion Network (SPN)
- European Safety Promotion Network Rotorcraft (ESPN-R)
- International Helicopter Safety Foundation (IHSF) - Worldwide initiative
- HIA Land and Live
- Safety Promotion Initiatives – Closed in 2016
- Commercial Aviation Safety Team (CAST) – US initiative
- General Aviation Joint Steering Committee (GAJSC) - US initiative