The EASA Innovative Air Mobility (IAM) Hub is a unique digital platform that brings together all actors in the European system including cities, regions, National authorities, the EU, operators and manufactures. The primary goal is to facilitate the safe, secure, efficient, and sustainable implementation of IAM practices. It is flagship action number 7 of the Drones Strategy 2.0.
Based on the mandate by the European Commission EASA has created a dedicated Task Force, composed of key participants from all corners of the European IAM ecosystem. These stakeholders represent a diverse range of expertise, ensuring comprehensive coverage of the IAM landscape in Europe. The Task Force is organised around cities and regions and includes also operators, manufactures and national aviation authorities:
Airbus, Droniq, ADP, Hamburg City, Paris City, FOCA, BMDV Germany, TRAFICOM, DGAC France, SKEYES, DG MOVE, Google Wing, Lilium, Volocopter, Dronus, Manna, Aeroporti di Milano, Helsinki City, Paris Region.
These experts have joined forces to drive innovation, collaboration, and excellence in IAM, bringing us one step closer to realising a safer, more secure, and technologically advanced Europe. Stay tuned for updates and insights from our IAM Hub and Task Force as we work collectively to develop Innovative Air Mobility and Services in Europe.
The platform is comprised of five modules which will be progressively introduced:
- Drone and eVTOL Design: The IAM Hub serves as the single source of information for all drones and electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) vehicles designed for European operations. [Active]
- Rules and Regulations: Access up-to-date rules and regulations governing IAM practices. [Active]
- Knowledge and Info Cards: A repository of essential knowledge, best-practice and insights.[Active]
- Operations Authorizations:
- How to operate a drone [Active]
- Member States can securely exchange operational authorizations within this restricted area. [Release 2]
- Geographical Data: Comprehensive geographical data supporting drone and eVTOL operations in Europe [Release 2]
The system contains key information about safety, privacy, noise & sustainability in line with the key citizen concerns.
The key benefits of the EASA IAM Hub can be grouped into four main areas:
- Connecting Stakeholders
- Connecting IAM communities - Regulatory, Industry, Cities
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned between Member States
- Publication of demand (tenders) and offer (services)
- Helping IAM integration at different levels of authorities’ ecosystem and managing societal impact through consultation
- Supporting implementation
- Guidelines for on-boarding of all stakeholders
- Single gateway to regulations, filtered per user and location
- Fostering of EU rules’ content and format harmonization
- Communicating the benefits and impacts
- Promotion of transparent and robust information on Noise & Sustainability
- Comprehensive explanation on Privacy, Security & Safety effects
- Support to local decision-making
- Creating a “one-stop-shop” of key IAM data:
- Product characteristics to facilitate approvals and authorizations
- Operations information
- Contacts database
- Geographical data
The IAM Hub is developed in a two year pilot project. The current first release will be followed by two more releases during 2024 with new functionalities.
Are you representing a municipality or a manufacturer and interested in joining the IAM Hub?
Fill in our pre-registration form
This project has received funding from a Contribution Agreement
with the European Commission.
Your feedback is welcome to this page and other IAM Hub deliverables.