Following an industry request, EASA published an FAQ with reference table on acceptable parts documentation listed in the various Bilateral Agreements between the European Union and its Bilateral partners.
Foreign Part-145 Approvals (MOA)
Foreign Part-145 approvals are those Part-145 organisations located outside the EU which are not subject to a bilateral agreement.
Important information for EASA Foreign Part 145 Approval Holders/Applicants
- 07/03/2022: Information affecting all continuing airworthiness organisations approved by EASA
- 30/08/2021: Reminder on Maintenance release of non-EU registered aircraft (and other aircraft not covered by the Basic regulation) - this policy is applicable to all holders of an EASA Part-145 approvals issued by EASA, MS NAAs or issued under BASA agreements (also refer to EASA FAQ n.46215)
- 20/01/2021: Information letter on upcoming introduction of SMS and clarification of means to comply with hangar requirements for Aircraft Base Maintenance
- 23/04/2020: Information letter on revised work instructions and guidance material for the management of Foreign Part-145 approvals (ref. Documentation Index FO.CAO.00136-009)
- 26/02/2018: Information letter on compliance of Aircraft Certifying Staff holding a Russian aircraft maintenance license
- 11/01/2017: Information letter on Safety Information Bulletin SIB No 2014-32R1
|Foreign Part 145 approvals - Documentation index||FO.CAO.00136-010||07/10/2020|
|Foreign Part 145 approvals – User Guide for Applicants & Approval Holders||UG.CAO.00006-007||23/04/2020|
Annex A : Documentation related to the management of the approval
|Document title||Document identification||Date Published|
|Foreign part 145 approvals - EASA Form 2||FO.CAO.00155-004||07/10/2020|
|Foreign part 145 approvals - EASA Form 2 instructions||WI.CAO-00113-009||07/10/2020|
|Foreign part 145 approvals - EASA Form 4||FO.CAO.00156-001||17/06/2019|
|Foreign part 145 approvals - Management personnel and EASA Form 4 instructions||WI.CAO-00115-005||17/06/2019|
|Foreign part 145 approvals - EASA Part -145 Appendix IV and ICAO Annex I check list||FO.CAO.00030-004||04/10/2018|
Annex B : Guidance material on specific technical requirements
Inquiries relating to the Foreign Part-145 Organisation Approvals should be addressed to:
- Organizations intending to apply for an initial approval or changes to valid approvals: foreign145 [at] easa.europa.eu
- Technical queries: EASA Approval holders should contact their allocated Inspector. Queries from other entities related to Part-145 Organisations for which EASA is the competent authority can be addressed to MOC_145 [at] easa.europa.eu, except for those having their PPB in the UK where questions may be addressed to MOC_UK [at] easa.europa.eu
- Fees & Charges issues: query.feesandcharges [at] easa.europa.eu
Looking for the list of approvals?
We moved it just below in the Related Content section and it is better than before! You can directly filter on screen and download the information.
We have also added a list with the scope of approval of the EASA approved organisations. Do take a look.