The European Union Aviation Safety Agency published its first set of FAQs on the European drones regulation: Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and 2019/945.
With the regulation becoming applicable on December 31, 2020, phase 1 of the FAQs focuses on the Open and Specific category and is designed to support the drone community in flying and operating drones safely.
The FAQs explain the regulation and help understanding of key concepts. They are divided into the following categories:
- Regulations on UAS (drone) explained
- Registration requirements
- Training requirements
- Operational Authorisation Requirements
- Requirements once in the air
- General requirements
- Drones without CE class markings
- Racing and/or flying drones with goggles (FPV)
- Building your own drones (privately built)
- Providing services (commercial and other) with drone(s)
- Non-EU visitor / Drone Operator
- Model aircraft
- Light drone operator certificate (LUC)
Please see our FAQs on European drone regulations for more details.