04/11/2019 - 05/11/2019
This year's EASA Annual Safety Conference will take place on the 4th and 5th of November 2019 in Helsinki. For the first time, it will focus on operational safety in the context of commercial air transport.
The Conference is jointly organised by the Finnish Aviation authority Traficom and EASA. It will take place in the context of the Finnish Presidency of the Council of the EU.
The headline panel for the conference will feature Joachim Luecking from the European Commission, Pekka Henttu (Director General Civil Aviation, Finnish Transport and Communication Agency and the Chair of the EASA Management Board), EASA Executive Director Patrick Ky in discussions moderated by IATA’s Giancarlo Buono. The panel will look at the current safety challenges for the aviation industry, the new risks we face and the ways to prepare for them, so as to ensure the long term safety of our industry.
Further specialist panels will focus on specific risk areas:
- Digitalisation in Aviation: The aviation industry is increasingly reliant on digitalisation and this changing technological environment presents new risks that we need to understand and manage. At the same time, technologies such as big data enable us to know more about our operations than ever before. The panel will be led by Jean-Marc Cluzeau from EASA and will include the EASA lead for the Data4Safety programme as well as Airbus, Safetyline and Daedalean.
- Winter Operations: Analysis shows that winter operations pose particular safety risks across Europe. The risks are mostly well-known, yet operators across Europe and beyond continually struggle to manage these effectively. The panel will be led by Jari Pöntinen from Traficom (CAA Finland) and will include some true experts in this field from EASA, Helsinki Airport, Finnair and Scandinavian Ground Handling.
- Aircraft Leasing: The aircraft leasing system poses business challenges for our industry that may also have a knock-on effect for safety of the aviation system. In this panel we will consider best practice as well as the future evolution in aircraft leasing, to ensure that safe operations are built on solid business foundations. The panel will be led by EASA’s Eduard Ciofu and will include experts from airlines, leasing companies, regulators and the European Transport Workers’ Federation.
- Enhancing SMS Resilience: Aircraft operators have been required to have Safety Management Systems (SMS) in place for a number of years. This has had a positive impact, however we need to make sure that SMS is truly implemented as a practical tool to manage safety. The panel will be led by Jari Nisula (Risk in Motion and one of the inventors of the ARMS methodology) as well as experts from EASA, CAA Poland, CANSO/ NATS, Airlines and the European Cockpit Association.
EASA invites regulators, strategic leaders, operational safety managers and aviation specialists to register to join the panellists in Helsinki to discuss some of the key challenges and opportunities we face and how best to tackle them.
For more details, please refer to the agenda under 'Downloads'.
Cancellations shall be made in writing until two weeks before the start of the conference to events [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu. A 25% non-refundable administrative fee per cancelled registration will incur.
Delegates who request a cancellation 13 days or less before the start of the conference or delegates who fail to attend the event without prior notice are liable for the full attendance fee.
The attendance fee will not be prorated should delegates not attend the entire event.
We have arranged special accommodation rates at the conference hotel.
- Standard single room , 137eur/night
- Standard double/twin room, 157eur/night
To reserve your room, please contact the hotel directly at:
Tel. +358 9 2521 0000
e-mail: hotel [at] crowneplazahelsinki [dot] fi
Please use following reservation Code: EASA2019
Important: Rooms and rates offered are subject to availability only. Therefore, we recommend reserving your room as soon as possible to benefit from the special rate.
Participants are in charge of their own travel arrangements.
Together with the Finnish Aviation Authority Traficom, we look forward to seeing you in Helsinki on 4th and 5th of November 2019.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on events [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu.