This document contains the applicable rules on Operational Suitability Data (OSD) Flight Crew Data (CS-FCD). It includes the current applicable certification specifications (CS) and guidance material (GM), displayed in a consolidated, easy-to-read format with advanced navigation features through links and bookmarks.
The Issue 2 from June 2023 includes ED Decision 2021/012/R which:
- provides a regular update of CS-FCD;
- updates the description of the type rating evaluation process for setting up type rating requirements and training programmes;
- develops definitions for ‘checking’, ‘evaluation subjects’, ‘modification’, and ‘type of aircraft’ for the purpose of CS-FCD;
- harmonises CS-FCD with the update of Subpart FC ‘Flight Crew’ of Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 (Air OPS); and
- clarifies the concept of training areas of special emphasis (TASE).
Easy Access Rules for Operational Suitability Data (OSD) Flight Crew Data (CS-FCD) are available for free download on the EASA website:
- as a pdf in an easy-to-read format with advanced navigation features through links and bookmarks;
- as a dynamic online publication with filters and search functions for simple navigation using computers, tablets, and mobile phones; and
- in an xml format with machine-readable content.
As these Easy Access Rules have been generated through the eRules platform, they will be updated regularly to incorporate further changes and evolutions to their content.
Please send any feedback and comments by using the Easy Access Rules area on the contact us form.