The objective of this Decision is to reflect, within the scope of regular updates, the best practices and experience gained since the first implementation of the Certification Specifications for Operational Suitability Data (OSD) for Flight Crew (CS-FCD) (CS-FCD Initial Issue was published on 31 January 2014).
This Decision amends CS-FCD to:
- update the description of the type rating evaluation process for setting up type rating requirements and training programmes;
- harmonise CS-FCD with the ongoing revision of the Certification Specifications for Aeroplane Flight Simulation Training Devices (CS-FSTD(A)), to take on board the updated FSTD capability signature and difference level of training for FSTD features;
- develop definitions for ‘checking’, ‘evaluation subjects’, ‘modification’, and ‘type of aircraft’ for the purpose of CS-FCD;
- harmonise CS-FCD with the update of Subpart FC ‘Flight Crew’ of Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 (Air OPS);
- clarify the concept of training areas of special emphasis (TASE); and
- correct editorial errors.
The amendments are expected to facilitate the applicants’ compliance with the OSD requirements for flight crew and therefore increase efficiency by rendering the type rating evaluation process easier to understand. Overall, the amendments are expected to bring a moderate safety benefit and have no social or environmental impacts.
Get notified via email alerts
Stay informed when this page is updated, or when we publish new content like this. You can always unsubscribe or update these settings later on.