Update of the Acceptable Means of Compliance and Guidance Material to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012
Aeroplane performance, PBS, oxygen equipment, medical equipment, recorders, technical records, non-ETOPS operations, ground de-icing/anti-icing procedures
Following the adoption of Regulation (EU) 2019/1387, amending Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 (Air OPS Regulation), the objective of this Decision is to support the implementation of the requirements on:
- power supply to cockpit voice recorders (CVRs) in order to improve the availability of recordings;
- in-flight recording for light aircraft;
- commercial operation of certain categories of aeroplanes without an ETOPS approval;
- runway surface condition reporting and in-flight assessment of landing performance ;
- reduced required landing distance for certain categories of commercially operated aeroplanes;
- operations in airspaces where performance-based communication and surveillance (PBCS) is implemented;
- new technical standards on first-aid oxygen dispensing units, medical equipment, de-icing/anti-icing ground procedures; and
- technical records.
This Decision amends as necessary the acceptable means of compliance and guidance material in relation to the above-listed topics.