Date & time
20 January 2022 from 08:00 - 11:00 EST (13:00 - 16:00 UTC)
The conference jointly organised by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and EASA will focus on how to strengthen various forms of regional cooperation.
The main event objectives are:
- Update States, industry and international organizations on the benefits of Regional Safety Oversight Organizations (RSOOs) and the challenges they face under the present circumstances to continue providing support to their Member States;
- Propose a tangible path for a collective effort from different stakeholders on strengthening regional collaboration;
- Discuss different means of sustainability for RSOOs and other regional mechanisms on safety oversight and accident and incident investigation;
- Discuss the contributions that RSOOs provide to States to enhance safety oversight requirements and highlight the critical role they have played during the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Explore the importance of collaboration with industry in supporting the capacity building of regional organizations by closing the existing gaps in technology that impedes on effectively conducting safety oversight services for their Member States.
The conference will be held in English.
More details on the agenda are available on 'Programme - ICAO/ EASA Conference on Strengthening Regional Cooperation'.
You don't want to miss any news about this event? Follow this event to receive updates.
Any queries regarding the conference may be forwarded to RCTP [at] icao.int.