This NPA puts forward the establishment of a set of acceptable means of compliance (AMC) and guidance material (GM) associated with the proposed — through Opinion No 03/2023 — regulatory framework that addresses new operational and mobility concepts that are based on innovative technologies, such as aircraft with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capability, and fosters and promotes their acceptance and adoption by European citizens.
This NPA proposes amendments to existing AMC and GM and the creation of new ones to illustrate the means to show compliance with the operational requirements applicable to manned VTOL-capable aircraft (VCA).
The specific objectives of the proposed amendments are to:
- enable operators to safely implement the applicable regulations to operate manned VCA in the single European sky (SES);
- ensure that the conditions are met as regards the safe operation of manned VCA in the ATM environment;
- support innovation and development in the field of innovative air mobility (IAM) through the implementation of an efficient, proportionate, and well-designed regulatory framework which does not unnecessarily hinder the development of the manned VCA market;
- provide guidance to the competent authorities of the EU Member States for the application of the regulations on manned VCA;
- provide guidance to manufacturers and operators of manned VCA for the deployment of operations with manned VCA.