The Agency's role in the field of aircraft accidents and incidents investigations is focused mostly in:
- to follow the progress of aircraft accidents and incidents investigations,
- to be represented in investigations and deliver technical expertise whenever needed,
- to achieve the processing of Safety Recommendations addressed to the Agency and monitor its follow-up,
- to provide progress reports and statistics on the Safety Recommendations processing,
- to maintain a working coordination with European Accident Investigation Bodies,
- to be aware of safety deficiencies and disseminate related information for establishing corrective actions.