The European Union is highly committed to ensuring sustainable air transport in Europe and worldwide. In this endeavour, the EU is launching a number of initiatives in different areas to assist partner States in meeting our common environmental commitments. The EU-South East Asia Cooperation on Mitigating Climate Change impact from Civil Aviation (EU-SEA CCCA) CORSIA project is one of them.
The programme’s overall objective is to enhance the partnership between the EU and countries in South East Asia in the areas of civil aviation environmental protection and climate change. The achievements resulting from the programme should be long-lasting for the South East Asian States (ASEAN Member States) and going beyond the duration of the EU-SEA CCCA project.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To develop or support existing policy dialogues with partner countries in South East Asia on mitigating GHG emissions from civil aviation;
- To contribute to the 'CORSIA readiness' process of partner countries in South East Asia, to implement CORSIA in line with the agreed international schedule and join the voluntary phase in 2021 or at the earliest time possible.
The main areas of action to achieve these objectives are:
- Assisting in the development of the first edition of State Action Plans to reduce carbon emissions from civil aviation, or in the update and upgrade of current editions of such plans;
- Supporting the implementation of CORSIA;
- Guiding and assisting the development of IT tools providing technical support to the State Action Plan and CORSIA implementation.
 Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme in Civil Aviation
Technical Cooperation Project Details
Project Manager: santiago.haya-leiva [at] easa.europa.eu
Operational Manager: ralph.kossmann [at] easa.europa.eu
Project Assistant: rebekka.freienstein [at] easa.europa.eu