This CZIB is revised to extend the validity period, and to amend reference publications.
- AIC France Circular A 02/21 issued 11 February 2021 (see Appendix 1).
- Saudi Arabia NOTAM W0120/21 issued 28 January 2021 and W0336/20 issued 17 July 2020 (see Appendix 2).
- German AIC 18/20 issued 3 December 2020 (see Appendix 3).
Saudi Arabia airspace, Jeddah Flight Information Region (FIR OEJD).
Operators should take this information and any other relevant information into account in their own risk assessments, alongside any available guidance or directions from their national authority as appropriate. Latest operational information on ‘Closures and Warnings’ issued by means of ICAO State Letters, NOTAMs, AICs/AIPs, EASA CZIB may be found in the Network Manager NOP Portal (password protected version).
Source: AIC France Circular A 02/21
From 09/04/2020 and until further notice, pilots in command of aircraft performing air services mentioned in paragraph 1.1 are requested:
- to exercise caution during flight operations in the airspace of Saudi Arabia (FIR JEDDAH (OEJD)) and follow instructions given by the Saudi authorities providing air traffic services, particularly in the southwest of JEDDAH FIR (OEJD) in which SCATANA (Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids rules) may be activated by NOTAM from the Saudi authorities;
- not to operate any flights to Abha (OEAB), Jazan (OEGN), Nejran (OENG), Sharurah (OESH), Wadi Al Dawasir (OEWD) and Bisha (OEBH) air-ports located in the southwest of JEDDAH FIR (OEJD) in which SCATANA (Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids rules) may be activated by NOTAM from the Saudi authorities. Such airports shall not be identified as alternate airports when planning flight operations.
Source: Saudi Arabia General Authority of Civil Aviation
W0120/21 NOTAMR W0337/20
Q) OEJD/QXXXX/IV/NBO/W /000/999/
A) OEJD B) 2101281400 C) PERM
E) DUE TO CONFLICT IN YEMEN BETWEEN LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT AND THE
HOUTHI MILITIA SUPPORTED BY IRANIAN REGIME ESCAT IS ACTIVATED IN
THE SOUTH PART OF JEDDAH FIR FLYING RULES AND INFORMATION ON
AVAILABLE ATS ROUTES ARE DESCRIBED IN AIP SUP 02/2021.
PILOTS SHALL KEEP LISTENING TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC FREQUENCIES AND
SHALL ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS WHEN FLYING TO/FROM THE
SOUTHERN AIRPORTS DUE TO DEFENSE RESPONSES THAT MAY OCCUR.
IN ADDITION, SAUDI ARABIA IS PUTTING IN PLACE MEASURES TO MITIGATE
RISK THAT MIGHT RESULT FROM LIMITED LONG-RANGE MISSILES AND UNMANNED
AIRCRAFT SYSTEM CAPABILITIES THAT MAY TARGET AIRPORTS WITHIN JEDDAH
OPERATORS MAY CONSIDER THIS INFORMATION WHEN CONDUCTING RISK
W0336/20 NOTAMR W0284/20
Q) OEJD/QAFXX/IV/NBO/W /000/999/
A) OEJD B) 2007172359 C) PERM
E) WIE ESCAT ACT IN THE SOUTH OEJD FIR IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY THE FLW
THEN FLW SAUDI ARABIA AND REPUBLIC OF YEMEN INTERNATIONAL BDRY IN
ACCORDANCE WITH JEDDAH TREATY TO THE COAST LINE BDRY
PILOTS SHALL STRICTLY KEEP LISTENING WATCH TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC
FREQUENCIES AND SHALL ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS.
F) SFC G) UNL
Source: German AIC 18/20
Hazardous situation in Saudi-Arabia
Civil German air operators are advised not to plan and conduct flights within south west sector of FIR JEDDAH (OEJD) including landing, taxiing, parking and take off. Potential risk to aviation from dedicated ground to ground ballistic weaponry, unmanned aerial vehicle attacks and ongoing military operations.
Along FIR SANAA and FIR JEDDAH boundary waypoints NISMI – NABAN – NOBSU - NETAS - N18E48 - DCT N2030 E48 - DCT AMBAL - DCT IMRAM - DCT BOXIL - DCT NISMI.
Civil German air operators are advised to take potential risk into account in their risk assessment and routing decisions within the remaining part of FIR JEDDAH (OEJD) including landing, taxiing, parking and take off. Potential risk to aviation from medium range ballistic missile assaults.