The 2017-2021 Rulemaking and Safety Promotion Programme provides citizens and stakeholders with a comprehensive and coherent vision of how the Agency intends to improve safety and environmental protection while reducing regulatory burden. The document includes the European Plan for Aviation Safety (EPAS). To take into account new developments, the Agency updates the programme every year. This edition thus supersedes previous editions.
A number of improvements are included in the current edition with the aim to better manage safety and address stakeholder concerns:
- A strong strategic orientation
- A good balanced between safety and efficiency
- Increased efficiency of the rulemaking process
- More safety promotion activities
- Increasing evidence basis
- Introduction of the “cool-down period”