AMC-20 Amendment 19
The objective of Decision 2020/010/R is to provide state-of-the-art means for showing compliance with the applicable requirements with regard to the following:
- reporting, analysis and follow-up of occurrences in civil aviation;
- certification of products and parts equipped with electronic control systems;
- certification of in-flight entertainment (IFE) systems;
- certification of airborne electronic hardware (AEH);
- management of open problem reports (OPRs).
These amendments to AMC-20 are expected to facilitate the certification and the occurrence-reporting processes. Overall, they would bring safety and economic benefits, and have neither environmental nor social impacts.
In addition, Decision 2020/010/R creates a consolidated index table showing all the AMC-20 guidance issued by EASA. This is expected to increase transparency and facilitate the application of those AMCs.