With the publication of EASA’s agency decision (ED 2020/008/R), EASA completed the EU regulatory framework for the provision of Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Air Navigation Services (ATM/ANS) resulting from the global standards.
To facilitate the uniform implementation of the framework, EASA published an additional set of Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) in relation to the following requirements:
- for air traffic services (Part-ATS);
- for meteorological services (Part-MET);
- for aeronautical information services (part-AIS), incl. data quality;
- for flight procedure design (Part-FPD); and
- for the design of airspace structures
As a next step, EASA will monitor and evaluate the implementation of the framework and will consider improvements along the way.
Alongside EASA published Agency’s decision (ED 2020/007/R) associated to SERA IR to ensure consistency with the new comprehensive regulatory framework for air traffic services.
If you want to stay informed about all developments that are of interest to you, please create an account on the EASA website.