EASA, as necessary, issues acceptable means of compliance (AMC) and guidance material (GM) to Part 21 to illustrate means to establish compliance with the Regulation or to illustrate the meaning of a requirement. These AMC or GM require regular amendments to take specific safety issues into consideration and introduce new acceptable means of compliance or procedures.
The objective of this Notice of Proposed Amendment (NPA) is to:
- address a safety recommendation following an accident that occurred in Norway on 29 April 2016;
- resolve certain recurrent implementation issues by improving the text of the AMC and GM to Part 21;
- leave no room for misinterpretation of the Regulation, as noticed during design organisation approval (DOA) holder initial investigation and surveillance activities, by including clarifications;
- align the means of compliance with the current industry practice; and
- remove unnecessary guidance material and correct typographical errors. The proposed amendments are expected to increase the efficiency of implementing Part 21 and ensure alignment with the current industry practices.