Update on video recordings
Watch the recordings of the event on EASA's YouTube channel:
- Video recordings - Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Video pre-recordings - SC VTOL Means of compliance - Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
Date & time
December 9, 2020, 14:00 – 16:00 (UTC+1)
We have just posted ten technical presentations ready for you to look through in advance of the EASA Rotorcraft Symposium next week. This allows you to ask questions on the content ahead of the live session, which will take place on December 9, 2020 from 14:00 to 16:00 UTC+1, so we can use the time as effectively as possible.
Description of the event
The EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020 is a unique forum in Europe to discuss the latest developments for rotorcraft from a safety perspective. Due to the COVID 19 circumstances this year, the Symposium will take place as a live virtual event focusing on VTOL developments and safety perspectives. Our speakers will be EASA Experts from various disciplines and will present the latest developments to enable the safe operation of VTOL aircrafts.
The live session on December 9 from 14:00 till 16:00 will concentrate on the Rotorcraft Safety Roadmap.
The uploaded 10 video presentations are focusing on the current status of the Means of Compliance to support the Special Conditions on VTOL:
- Human Factors assessment for installed systems and equipment for use by the crew
- VTOL Design Loads and Interaction of Systems and Structures
- Doors and Landing Gear
- Ditching, Emergency Flotation and Limited Overwater Operations
- Advance of EASA Position on Energy Reserve
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Roadmap
- VTOL Flight Envelopes and Stall characteristics
- VTOL Structural Durability; Aeroelasticity; Protection of Structure; Materials and Processes; Special Factors of Safety
- Fire Protection in Designated Fire Zones
Free access for all participants. Register now, ask your questions and share your experiences with us!
We look forward to meeting you online soon.
Please select the number of attendees and click on “Next” in the box below.
Documents after event
Get notified via email alerts
For further questions, please contact vtol [at] easa.europa.eu.