On 27/03/2019 the Agency published a Call for Expression of Interest (CEI) in the Official Journal in order to establish a database of independent external experts.
This call supersedes the expired call EASA.2014.CEI.07. All interested parties are kindly invited to submit an online application. Please note that inclusion in the previous Database of Independent External Experts entails no automatic inclusion in the new database, neither guaranteed acceptance for the same areas of expertise.
Call for Expression of Interest (CEI)
Individuals, meeting the requirements set in section 3 of the Specifications, are invited to submit an application in order to establish a database of potential independent individual external experts who could be called upon to provide support to the Agency for the following tasks:
- Provide technical expertise / opinions / advice in the areas of expertise listed in Appendix II to the Specifications.
- Support the evaluation of applications / tenders / proposals and monitoring of their implementation, as appropriate.
- Provide support to and/or participate in various (technical) meetings, working groups etc.
- Provide support to the European Central Question Bank (ECQB) project in particular in the development of questions for pilots’ theoretical knowledge examinations (see Annex V).
- Any other technical / administrative support to a particular task or activity undertaken by the Agency, primarily in the domain of Aviation, where very specific areas or levels of expertise are required.
Aim of this Call
It is important to note that this call is aimed to complement existing EASA contracts or procedures and shall not be seen to replace or overlap with them.
The objective of this call is to establish a database of independent external experts (only individuals - not representing any company/organisation), meeting the set minimum requirements, who could be contracted, as described in the specifications, to provide certain limited support/assistance to the Agency on particular tasks/projects/programmes where their independent and specific expertise is required. Where support is required, and depending on the tasks to be performed, contracts shall be assigned to the most suitable experts in terms of competence and experience and in accordance with the principles of non-discrimination, equal treatment and absence of conflict of interests. Experts shall be remunerated on the basis of a fixed fee per deliverable (where applicable) or per working day including (travel/subsistence) expenses where foreseen.
Validity of the Call and Database
The call and corresponding database of prospective external experts is concluded for a period of 12 months renewed automatically up to four times for a maximum period of validity of five years, until 14/03/2024, unless notification to the contrary is received / published. Interested parties may submit an application at any time prior to the last three months of validity of the list.
Please consult the Specifications and all Annexes for detailed information on the scope of the call, overview of the procedure, minimum requirements, application process and conditions for appointment. All the files are accessible from the download box at the top of the page.
ECQB Area - Interested Question Writers
If you would like to be considered as question writer for the ECQB - European Central Question Databank (Area 3.5) please take note of the selection and contract assignment process for question writers by reviewing the additional procedural documents under Appendix V to Specifications.
Application Process - Closed
Applications must be submitted using the on-line application form available below. Please note the following important points in preparing the application:
- Applicants should provide all details / include all information requested in the application.
- Applicants should indicate clearly in their applications the area or areas of expertise they are applying for.
- Applicants should justify/describe how they fulfil the minimum criteria such as 5 years of relevant work experience per each area they are applying for. As evidence one or more projects/activities and assignments relevant to the scope of area shall be provided.
- Applicants must provide / upload a duly completed curriculum vitae in EU CV format available at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home.
- Applicants must confirm in their application that they meet the eligibility requirements, are not in any of the situations of exclusion and fulfil selection criteria (section 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 of the Specifications).
The application process is closed for new submissions.
Any queries should be addressed to experts [at] easa.europa.eu.