FAQ n.127236

I am a student pilot and I have successfully completed the theoretical examination and the skill test for the issue of a CPL/IR(A) in the UK. Can I apply for the issue of a Part-FCL CPL/IR to a competent authority of an EASA Member State?


Valid theoretical knowledge examination completion certificates and skill tests can be accepted by EASA Member States also after the January 01, 2021 for the purpose of issuing Part-FCL licenses and ratings in accordance with either Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 (for the issue of a Part FCL licence after completion of the flight training and testing under the responsibility of a an EASA Member State competent authority) or Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723 (in case of conversion of the UK licence into a Part-FCL licence), provided that those examination completion certificates or skill tests are still within their validity period in accordance with point FCL.015(f) and point FCL.025(c) of Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 and provided that they were issued by the UK CAA before January 01, 2021 in full compliance with Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011. In particular, in accordance with point FCL.025(a)(1) in Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011, the entire set of theoretical knowledge examinations for a specific licence or rating must have been taken under the responsibility of the UK CAA.

Last updated

Was this helpful?