The European Union Aviation Safety Agency EASA - along its mission to maintain the highest level of safety standards for EU civil aviation - faces new societal, environmental, and technological transformations that require to adapt its competencies, methodologies and processes to accompany those transformations. The EASA Scientific Committee, composed of leading members of European academia and institutions in aeronautical research, support the Agency in its evolution to face new challenges and accompany the transformations.
The first European_Academia@EASA conference will be held on 23-24 March 2023, aiming to federate the networks between the Agency and prestigious European Universities and academia, while advancing and disseminating knowledge in new and emerging fields relevant for aviation.
In order to share and discuss the most advanced scientific developments, the EASA Scientific Committee invited PhD students until Monday October 17, 2022 to share concepts, and results on scientific developments that may contribute to the future development of the EASA expertise in scientific and technical domains linked to research, innovation, and disruptive technologies in the following areas:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in aviation
- Development of applications integrated into civil aviation products along EASA AI roadmap, including validation and verification solutions
- Impact of climate change and extreme weather phenomena on the air transport system
- Methodologies and tools for assessing the impact of changes to weather phenomena on civil air transport system components and operations
- Environmental sustainability of air transport (emissions, noise, air quality, other nuisance, ...)
- Methodologies and tools to assess the impact of aviation products and operations and the proposed mitigations
- New approaches and methods for safety risk management in aviation
- New methods, tools to support safety analysis, risk identification and management, safety culture
Results of evaluation and invitations to present at the conference will be shared by end of December 2022.
Participation to European_Academia@EASA conference 2023
The conference will take place as an in-person event in Cologne. For more information on the event, please visit our event page.
EASA and its Scientific Committee look forward to the participation to this onsite conference by representatives from Academic and Research organisations, National Aviation Authorities, Industry, and other key players in the aviation Research & Innovation.
We will assess your request and send you an approval notification to confirm your participation.