FAQ n.19549

I plan to fly from a non-EU departure airport to a non-EU destination airport and I intend to file a destination alternate airport in the territory of an EASA Member State. Can I do this without holding a TCO authorisation?


Yes. The selection and use of an aerodrome located in the territory subject to the provisions of the Treaties as an alternate aerodrome for the case of an in-flight diversion does not fall within the scope of TCO.100 and does not require a TCO authorisation. An in-flight diversion may become necessary out of safety considerations on a flight that was initially intended to serve an aerodrome outside the EU (GM1 TCO.100).

Last updated

Was this helpful?