ASEAN is embarking on the development of an ASEAN Single Aviation Market (ASAM) and an ASEAN-EU air transport agreement is being negotiated. The opportunities that these changes bring however also bring challenges.
The ARISE Plus Civil Aviation Project will aim to enhance connectivity and sectoral cooperation in transport in ASEAN, including enhancement of the ASEAN Single Aviation Market, and aim to:
- Improve regulatory capability and safety standards through use of existing initiatives and alignment with ICAO standards and recommended practices;
- Establish a mechanism to facilitate the mutual recognition of approvals, certificates and licences;
- Strengthen the capacities of individual ASEAN Member States and align measures with ICAO standards and recommended practices;
- Enhance air traffic management efficiency and capacity through the development and implementation of an ASEAN Air Traffic Management (ATM) Master Plan with the aim of achieving a seamless ASEAN sky;
- Strengthen ASEAN-EU cooperation in air transport, including discussions on the possible comprehensive ASEAN-EU Agreement on Air Transport.
Technical Cooperation Project Details
€5,000,000 (European Commission)
01/2018 to 12/2022
Project Manager: santiago.haya-leiva [at] easa.europa.eu
Operations Manager: jacinto-alberto.lopez-navalon [at] easa.europa.eu
Project Assistant: alberto.soccol [at] easa.europa.eu
Get notified via email alerts
Stay informed when this page is updated, or when we publish new content like this. You can always unsubscribe or update these settings later on.