The objective of this Opinion is to implement Article 74 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 of the European Parliament and of the Council, which requires EASA, in cooperation with the European Commission and the national competent authorities, to establish and manage a repository of information.
This Opinion proposes the necessary provisions as regards:
- the functioning and management of the repository;
- the management of the information, including the classification of information;
- the dissemination and update of the information included in the repository;
- the security management for the protection of the infrastructure and the data stored in the repository;
- data protection concerning the personal data stored in the repository.
This Opinion is expected to ensure an effective cooperation between EASA and the national competent authorities concerning the performance of their tasks relating to certification, oversight and enforcement pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2018/1139, and improve harmonisation among Member States.
The main benefit expected from the subject proposal is in terms of effective access, exchange and management of civil-aviation-related information and data that will contribute to the overall safety and efficiency of the aviation system.