This Opinion includes the final outcome of rulemaking task (RMT).0477 and RMT.0445, as well as RMT.0719 triggered by the latest International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 3 ‘Meteorological Service for International Air Navigation’ Amendment (77-A).
The objectives of the proposal are to:
- promote cost-efficiency in the regulatory and certification processes and to avoid duplication at national and European level’ (Article 2(2)(c) of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008);
- facilitate the free movement of airspace users across the European airspace; and
- ensure regulatory harmonisation across Europe, while assisting Member States (MSs) in fulfilling their obligations under the Convention on International Civil Aviation (also known as the ‘Chicago Convention’), by providing a basis for a common interpretation and uniform implementation of the Chicago Convention’s provisions.
This Opinion proposes amendments to the following rules:
- Regulation (EU) 2017/373 and Annexes I (Part-Definitions), II (Part-ATM/ANS.AR), III (Part-ATM.ANS.OR), V (Part-MET), VI (Part-AIS), and XI (Part-ASD) thereto; and
- Regulation (EU) No 139/2014 and Annexes II (Part-ADR.AR) and III (Part-ADR.OR) thereto.
Get notified via email alerts
Stay informed when this page is updated, or when we publish new content like this. You can always unsubscribe or update these settings later on.