The objective of this Notice of Proposed Amendment (RMT.0392 (A)) is to maintain a high level of safety for air operations with aeroplanes and helicopters, to consider the lessons learnt from standardisation inspections, and improve the rules in line with the principles of better regulation.
The NPA proposes to:
- consider safety recommendation SR UNKG-2020-001 on rulemaking for the carriage or installation of carbon monoxide (CO) detectors on aircraft,
- transpose several Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) from ICAO Annex 6,
- improve the rules by considering the lessons learnt from standardisation inspections,
- update the rules on fuel planning and management to render them more performance based for aircraft that use engines running with electrical propulsion,
- update the rules on helicopter operations,
- update some rules on cabin crew and cabin safety, and
- improve the rules by updating references, aligning them with the regulations of other domains, and ensuring consistency among the different annexes to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012.
The proposed amendments are expected to maintain and even increase safety and cost-effectiveness, and ensure alignment with ICAO
Get notified via email alerts
Stay informed when this page is updated, or when we publish new content like this. You can always unsubscribe or update these settings later on.