CS-SIMD Issue 2
The objective of this Decision is to improve existing requirements and guidance material for the definition of the scope of aircraft validation source data (VSD) to support the objective qualification of simulators. The initial Issue was published on 2 December 2014.
This Decision amends CS-SIMD to:
- extend the applicability of CS-SIMD to categories of aircraft other than aeroplanes and helicopters.
- clarify the responsibilities and tasks of the data provider vis-a-vis the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in the context of validating data for flight simulator training devices (FSTDs).
- describe the different steps of the process to provide validation data (VD) for FSTDs.
- clarify the means for substantiating the scope of VSD.
- clarify the concept and differences between VD and VSD.
To this aim, the experience gained since the first implementation of the Certification Specifications and Guidance Material for Simulator Data (CS-SIMD) has been an essential element.
The amendment is expected to facilitate the compliance of applications with the operational suitability data (OSD) requirements for simulator data as well as to make the validation data approval process clearer and more streamlined.
Get notified via email alerts
Stay informed when this page is updated, or when we publish new content like this. You can always unsubscribe or update these settings later on.