The objectives of this Opinion are to:
- align the content of Regulation (EU) 2017/373 with the latest provisions of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Procedures for Air Navigation – Aeronautical Information Management (PANS-AIM), following the introduction of amendments to the content and structure of the aeronautical information publication (AIP), and to the aeronautical data catalogue. The proposed amendments will therefore assist Member States (MSs) in fulfilling their obligations under the Chicago Convention in a uniform manner, and constitute a common basis for the provision of essential, standardised aeronautical information to end users, as well as data services providers;
- facilitate the implementation of the ‘all-weather-operations (AWOs)’ concept, by ensuring the publication of the required aeronautical data in the AIP; and
- facilitate further the implementation of the ICAO Global Reporting Format (GRF), through:
- the introduction of the required amendments to certain provisions regarding the content and structure of the AIP, to allow the promulgation of certain operational information, in line with the provisions of Commission Regulation (EU) No 139/2014, as regards the implementation of the GRF;
- the update of the definition of SNOWTAM in both Regulations (EU) 2017/373 and No 139/2014, in line with ICAO Annex 15; and
- the resolution of an identified inconsistency, related to the content of ICAO PANS-AIM and ICAO Procedures for Air Navigation-Aerodromes (PANS-Aerodromes), concerning the SNOWTAM issuance under certain conditions.
In order to achieve these objectives, this Opinion proposes amendments to Annex I (Part-DEFINITIONS), Annex III (Part-ATM/ANS.OR) and Annex VI (Part-AIS) to Regulation (EU) 2017/373, and to Annex I (Definitions) to Regulation (EU) No 139/2014. The proposed amendments will help to maintain the safety level, improve efficiency through the removal of identified inconsistencies and the facilitation of the implementation of the AWOs concept, and will facilitate the overall compliance of the organisations concerned.