FAQ n.19019

How can I get a Part-66 licence valid in the EU by conversion?


Either you are the holder of:

  • a national licence [66.A.305] or an approved maintenance organisation authorisation [66.A.310], that was valid in the Member State before the entry into force of the EASA regulation introducing the relevant Part-66 categories (see entry into force of the amendments of the regulation), or
  • JAR-66 licence, which will automatically be re-issued as Part-66 licences as they are deemed to have been issued in accordance with Part-66. This does only apply to JAR-66 licence issued by the countries listed on the Mutual recognition page.

Furthermore, 66.A.70 allows conversion of qualifications valid in a Member State in very specific and limited cases.

Last updated: 

Was this helpful?

Vote up  11
Vote down  15