FAQ n.19558

Could you specify for these three cases if the lessor must have a TCO authorisation ? Case 3: A third country operator (lessee) uses an aircraft for commercial air transport operations to the EU that is dry leased-in from another non-EU or EU operator (lessor).


The aircraft lessor does not need a TCO authorisation, but the third country operator (lessee) must hold a TCO authorisation. Rule of thumb: it is always the operating carrier that performs flights under its responsibility with aircraft under its AOC that needs a TCO authorisation.

Last updated: 

Was this helpful?

Vote up  8
Vote down  2