FAQ n.127226

I am holder of a UK-issued PPL, with a valid class 2 UK-issued medical certificate as well as an expired class 1 UK-issued medical certificate. I am currently enrolled in an ATP integrated course in an EASA Member State. Do I need to get a new initial Part-MED medical class 1 certificate after December 31, 2020 from an EASA Member State?


Unless you were able to transfer your UK-issued license and medical certificates to an EASA Member State before January 01, 2021, those UK licenses and certificates became invalid in the EU as of that date and are now considered as third-country certificates. In such case, as a student pilot enrolled in an ATP integrated course, you will need a Part-MED medical certificate issued by an EASA Member State competent authority before your first solo flight (Point MED.A.030 (a) of Annex IV (Part-MED) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011).

Last updated

Was this helpful?