This CZIB is revised to extend the validity period, and to amend reference publications.
- AIC France Circular A 08/20 issued 09 April 2020 (see Appendix 1).
- Saudi Arabia NOTAM W0438/18 issued 18 October 2018 (see Appendix 2).
- Germany NOTAM B1306/20 issued 30 July 2020 (see Appendix 3).
Saudi Arabia airspace, Jeddah Flight Information Region (FIR OEJD).
Operators should take this information and any other relevant information into account in their own risk assessments, alongside any available guidance or directions from their national authority as appropriate. Latest operational information on ‘Closures and Warnings’ issued by means of ICAO State Letters, NOTAMs, AICs/AIPs, EASA CZIB may be found in the Network Manager NOP Portal (password protected version).
Source: AIC France Circular A 08/20
From 09/04/2020 and until further notice, French air carriers and aircraft owners registered in France are requested:
- To exercise caution during flight operations in the airspace of Saudi Arabia (FIR JEDDAH (OEJD)) and follow instructions given by the Saudi authorities providing air traffic services, particularly in the southwest of JEDDAH FIR (OEJD) in which SCATANA (Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids rules) may be activated by NOTAM from the Saudi authorities;
- Not to operate any flights to Abha (OEAB), Jazan (OEGN), Nejran (OENG), Sharurah (OESH), Wadi Al Dawasir (OEWD) and Bisha (OEBH) airports located in the southwest of JEDDAH FIR (OEJD) in which SCATANA (Security Control of Air Traffic and Air Navigation Aids rules) may beactivated by NOTAM from the Saudi authorities. Such airports shall not be identified as alternate airports when planning flight operations.
Source: Saudi Arabia W0438/18 NOTAM
Q) OEJD/QXXXX/IV/NBO/W /000/999/
A) OEJD B) 1810112328 C) PERM
E) DUE TO CONFLICT IN YEMEN BETWEEN LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT AND THE
HOUTHI MILITIA SUPPORTED BY IRANIAN REGIME SCATANA IS ACTIVATED IN
THE SOUTH PART OF JEDDAH FIR
FLYING RULES AND INFORMATION ON AVAILABLE ATS ROUTES ARE DESCRIBED
IN KSA AIP SUP AIRAC 05/2018 AND 07/2018 .
PILOTS SHALL KEEP LISTENING TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC FREQUENCIES AND
SHALL ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS WHEN FLYING TO/FROM THE
SOUTHERN AIRPORTS DUE TO DEFENSE RESPONSES THAT MAY OCCUR.
IN ADDITION SAUDI ARABIA IS PUTTING IN PLACE MEASURES TO MITIGATE
RISK THAT MIGHT RESULT FROM LIMITED LONG-RANGE MISSILES AND UNMANNED
AIRCRAFT SYSTEM CAPABILITIES THAT MAY TARGET AIRPORTS WITHIN JEDDAH
OPERATORS MAY CONSIDER THIS INFORMATION WHEN CONDUCTING RISK
B1306/20 NOTAMR B1293/20
Q) EDXX/QAFXX/I /NBO/E /000/999/5123N01019E999
A) EDMM EDGG EDWW B) 2007310850 C) 2010282359EST
E) SECURITY SAUDI ARABIA POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS SITUATION FIR JEDDAH (OEJD)
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY ADVISES CIVIL GERMAN AIR OPERATORS NOT TO PLAN AND CONDUCT FLIGHTS WITHIN SOUTH WEST SECTOR OF FIR JEDDAH (OEJD) INCLUDING LANDING, TAXIING, PARKING AND TAKE OFF AT ALL AIRPORTS DUE TO POTENTIAL RISK TO AVIATION FROM DEDICATED GROUND TO GROUND BALLISTIC WEAPONRY, UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE ATTACKS AND ONGOING MILITARY OPERATIONS.
ALONG FIR SANAA AND FIR JEDDAH BOUNDARY WAYPOINTS NISMI-NABAN- NOBSU-NETAS - N18E48- DCT N2030 E48 - DCT AMBAL - DCT IMRAM - DCT BOXIL - DCT NISMI.
FOR THE REMAINING PART OF FIR JEDDAH (OEJD) POTENTIAL RISK TO AVIATION INCLUDING LANDING, TAXIING, PARKING AND TAKE OFF AT ALL AIRPORTS DUE TO MEDIUM RANGE BALLISTIC MISSILE ASSAULTS. CIVIL GERMAN AIR OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO TAKE POTENTIAL RISK INTO ACCOUNT IN THEIR RISK ASSESSMENTS AND ROUTEING DECISIONS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GENERAL AUTHORITY OF CIVIL AVIATION OF SAUDI ARABIA (GACA) MIGHT ISSUE SCATANA INSTRUCTIONS (SECURITY CONTROL OF AIR TRAFFIC AND AIR NAVIGATION AIDS) AT ANY TIME.
EMERGENCY SITUATION: IN AN EMERGENCY THAT REQUIRES IMMEDIATE DECISION AND ACTION FOR THE SAFETY OF THE FLIGHT, THE PILOT IN COMMAND MAY DEVIATE FROM THIS NOTAM TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY THAT EMERGENCY.