FAQ n.22606

My SPO operations fall under Part-SPO. What type of certification shall I expect from my competent authority – AOC or other type?


AOC or other certification - Reference: Reg. (EU) No 965/2012 on air operations: Part-ORO and Part-SPO

You are not required to obtain an air operator certificate (AOC). You are however required to submit a declaration to your competent authority. Please make sure that the Declaration is properly completed.

In addition, depending on the operations you conduct, you might need a specific approval for one or more of these: RVSM, MNPS, RNP AR APCH, LVO and DG.

In some cases of high-risk commercial SPO, an authorisation may be required.


Last updated

Was this helpful?