FAQ n.22604

Do I need two authorisations, if the lists of high-risk commercial SPO of different Member States differ?


Reference: Reg. (EU) No 965/2012 on air operations: ARO.OPS.150 (f)
No, you do not. Where the cross-border SPO operation you are planning to carry out is on the list of high-risk SPO established by the competent authority of the place of operation,  you shall seek authorisation from your own competent authority, irrespective of whether that authority considers this particular operation ‘high risk’ or not. This is because in the EU the HR authorisation issued by your competent authority under Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 is recognised as valid by the competent authority of another Members State. 
For that purpose, the competent authorities involved will coordinate the validation process. The safety considerations of the competent authority of the place where the operation will be conducted need to be accounted for; both competent authorities need to be satisfied with the operator’s risk assessment and standard operating procedures - SOPs.
For more information, please refer to various publications about the high-risk SPO operations in the Member States available on this webpage,  including the Guidelines for cross-border high-risk commercial SPO.

Last updated

Was this helpful?