FAQ n.21853

I am a foreign applicant for a Type-Certificate (including post TC changes and repairs). What conditions do I need to meet?


EASA will grant the approval only if the initial approval from the SoD has been issued already.

Furthermore, a Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreement (BASA) with the concerned third country shall be in place, covering:

  • Initial certification,
  • Continuing airworthiness (CAW), and
  • Production.

A Design Organisation Approval (DOA) is not required and will not be issued by the Agency.

Last updated

Was this helpful?