FAQ n.21597

We are a U.S. 14 CFR Part 125 Operator. Do we need a TCO authorisation issued by EASA for operations to EU territories?


U.S. 14 CFR Part 125 Operators are not eligible to apply for a TCO authorisation. An FAA Part 125 Operating Certificate is not an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) as defined in ICAO Annex 6, Part I. An ICAO-compliant AOC is required for commercial air transport operations to EU territories. United States 14 CFR Part 125 Operators may conduct non-commercial, general aviation flights to EU territories in line with provisions stipulated in the AIP of the State of destination. Make sure the type of flight is correctly denoted in item no. 8 of the ATS flight plan (‘G’ for general aviation).

Last updated

Was this helpful?