FAQ n.19558

Leasing, scenario 3. Could you specify if the lessor must have a TCO authorisation in the following situation? A third country operator (lessee) uses an aircraft for commercial air transport operations to the EU that is dry leased-in from another non-EU or EU operator (lessor).


No. The aircraft lessor does not need a TCO authorisation, but the third country operator (lessee) must hold a TCO authorisation. Rule of thumb: it is always the operating carrier that performs flights under its responsibility with aircraft under its AOC that needs a TCO authorisation (GM1 TCO.100).

Last updated

Was this helpful?