FAQ n.19014

I want to work in an organisation located within the EU. Do I need a Part-66 licence?


According to the current rules, a Part-66 licence is required for:

  • certifying the release to service of maintenance of an aircraft;
  • work in maintenance organisations as support staff.

For other activities within a maintenance organisation, a Part-66 licence is not required. No Part-66 licence exists for components (based on article 5 of Commission Regulation (EU) No. 2018/1142).

Remark: Privileges on the basis of national requirements may be added in the Part-66 licence in section XIV. national privileges.

Last updated

Was this helpful?