In relation to organisations providing Air Traffic Management, Air Navigation Services, and training of air traffic controllers - according to the relevant legislation - the Agency fulfils the following tasks:
- Conduct, itself or through competent authorities or qualified entities, inspections and audits of the organisations it certifies;
- Issue and renew certificates of :
- ATM/ANS organisations located outside the territory of the Member States responsible for providing services within the territory of the Member States,
- ATM/ANS organisations providing pan-European services;
- ATCO training organisations located outside the territory of the Member States and, where relevant, their personnel;
- Amend, suspend or revoke the relevant certificate, when the conditions according to which it was issued are no longer fulfilled, or if the holder of the certificate fails to fulfil the obligations imposed on it by the relevant regulation or by its implementing rules.
The following legislation is applicable to ATM/ANS and ATCO Training Organisations:
- Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 - Basic Regulation
(Relevant section: Article 8b)
- Regulation (EC) 1108/2009 - Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009 amending Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 in the field of aerodromes, air traffic management and air navigation services and repealing Directive 2006/23/EC
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 1034/2011 of 17 October 2011 on safety oversight in air traffic management and air navigation services and amending Regulation (EU) No 691/2010
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 1035/2011 of 17 October 2011 laying down common requirements for the provision of air navigation services and amending Regulations (EC) No 482/2008 and (EU) No 691/2010
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 923/2012 of 26 Sep 2012 laying down the common rules of the air and operational provisions regarding services and procedures in air navigation and amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 1035/2011 and Regulations (EC) 1265/2007, 1794/2006, 730/2006, 1033/2006, 255/2010
- Commission Regulation (EU) 677/2011 of 7 July 2011 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of air traffic management (ATM) network functions and amending Regulation (EU) No 691/2010
- Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/340 of 20 February 2015 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures relating to air traffic controllers' licences and certificates pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council, amending Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 923/2012 and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 805/2011
This legislation is updated regularly by issuing amendments. A full overview can be found on the Regulations page.
An ATM/ANS Organisation Approval or an ATCO Training Organisation Approval can be applied for by submitting the relevant application form (see Application forms page).
Fees & Charges
In accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No 319/2014, the Agency levies fees and charges for all its certification and approvals activities.
For more information, please refer to the above-mentioned Fees & Charges Regulation or consult the Fees & Charges page.
Notification of Proposed Changes to Functional Systems
According to Article 9 of Regulation (EU) No 1034/2011, EASA must be notified of all planned safety-related changes. To do so, please find the dedicated form (FO.AOA.00043 ATM-ANS Organisation Approval Notification of Proposed Change to Functional System) in the Downloads box on the right of this page.
Contacts for ATM/ANS and ATCO Training Organisations Approvals
Queries related to ATM/ANS and ATCO Training Organisations Approvals can be sent to: AtmAnsOrg [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu
Letters and paper documents/records can be sent to:
European Aviation Safety Agency
ATM/ANS Standardisation and Oversight Section
P.O. Box 10 12 53
D-50452 Cologne, Germany