How can I receive notifications of ADs applicable to a specific product type?
In order to receive notifications of new AD publications applicable to a specific product type, you need to register to the Safety Publications Tool.
The subscription service for new publications enables you to define your own filter and to receive notifications for these filtered AD publications. Please consult the User guide (‘How to…’) for information on how to view and filter new ADs and on how to subscribe to their automatic notification. This service is free of charge.
Why does EASA publish some foreign ADs with a prefix (e.g. US-, BR-, RU- )?
This is a practical IT solution only and it is not meant to be read as a different or new AD number. Some foreign ADs follow the same AD numbering principle (YYYY-XX-XX), which can result in identical numbers for two ADs issued by two different Authorities. In past cases, the AD Publishing Tool mixed up the two records and file uploads were corrupted. The prefix was therefore introduced to clearly distinguish those ADs. The AD number as identified within the AD document itself applies and there is no requirement to record compliance using the AD number with the prefix.
Which Aviation Safety publications are available in the EASA SP Publishing Tool?
The EASA Safety publications Tool includes both Mandatory and Non-Mandatory Continuing Airworthiness Information, as well as safety publications related to operations, ATM/ANS and aerodromes:
- Airworthiness Directives (ADs) applicable to European type designs that are issued by EASA.
- State of Design ADs that have been adopted by EASA after 28 September 2003 – see Note below.
- All Proposed Airworthiness Directives (PADs), with the possibility to submit comments to EASA during the PAD consultation period.
- Safety Information Bulletins (SIB), having one or more of the following categories: Aerodromes, Airworthiness, ATM/ANS and Operations; Foreign State of Design safety advisory publications, e.g. FAA Unapproved Parts Notifications (UPN), FAA Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin (SAIB), FAA Safety Alert For Operators (SAFO), ANAC Brazil Flight Alerts and Transport Canada Civil Aviation Safety Alerts (examples).
- Conflict Zone Information Bulletin (CZIB), for more info see “Information on Conflict Zones”.
Note: Not available at this time: most Foreign State of Design ADs issued before August 2006 and some European State of Design ADs issued before 28 September 2003.