The call for Junior Professionals (ref. EASA/IV/2021/002) is now closed for applications and selection process is currently ongoing.
Please note: Due to the large volume of applications only candidates shortlisted for the different steps of the procedure will be contacted.
To stay informed about upcoming career opportunities at EASA, including calls for traineeships and JQP, please click here.
What is it about?
Our Junior Qualification Programme (JQP) is an exciting route into EASA: It gives high-potential recent graduates and junior professionals an opportunity to check-in for a career in the fascinating world of aviation.
In return EASA will appreciate innovative thinking and benefit from latest academic knowledge to help us overcome today’s and tomorrow’s challenges in aviation. To address the changing environment anticipated as a result of the COVID-19 crisis we are seeking to attract Junior Professionals from diverse disciplines and academic backgrounds. A dedicated development programme, which lasts approximately 1 year, supports participants in maximising their professional growth. Throughout, and after completion of the programme assignments will be determined based on your profile and our needs. Programme participants are recruited at entry grade Contract Agent FG IV on a standard 3 years contract with the possibility of extension.
Programme modalities: What’s in it for you?
- Learn from and work with highly qualified aviation professionals in a comprehensive on-the-job training
- Get involved in interesting and rewarding projects
- Enlarge your network and maximise your professional development
- Get a comprehensive insight in the EU aviation system
- Experience a truly multinational work environment
The JQP is a 1-year programme including:
- Several modules to build on your academic background, communication skills and knowledge of key drivers in our Agency such as: safety, sustainability, competitiveness and resilience
- Various learning opportunities to advance personal competencies and technical knowledge (e.g. general and technical in-house training and extensive on-the-job training)
- 1:1 Mentoring by highly qualified senior professionals
- A personal buddy (a Junior from a previous year)
- Cross-functional project work
- Regular performance reviews
Your JQP journey could look like this:
Phase I: 9 months on-the-job training in your potential target position. You will receive support and guidance from your Mentor, Manager and other experienced colleagues. You may also undertake training sessions in other areas of EASA and be involved in cross-functional projects.
Phase II: Approx. 3 months on-the-job training in another relevant business unit. You will get to know different working environments and challenges. During this phase you will continue to receive guidance from experienced colleagues. At the end of the programme you will present your JQP learnings to colleagues who have supported you during this journey. You should now be well equipped to gradually take on challenging assignments in a position that best reflects your development, background and our business needs.
Who can apply?
According to our staffing needs, we are organising a selection procedure to establish a reserve list of suitable Junior Professionals. You are applying for the programme and not for a specific position. Please note that inclusion in the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment. The respective vacancy notice details information about the accountabilities, skills & competencies and the selection procedure. The selection procedure typically consists of several steps and may include the following: