As part of EU Institution’s commitment for continuous improvement, EASA is consulting on proposals to change its founding regulation (called Basic Regulation). The proposals aim to better enable the Agency to meet the needs and expectations set by Member States, the European Commission and the European citizen.
There are 7 areas of potential changes proposed:
• A performance-based and integrated approach to safety,
• Modernising and updating the EASA’s safety remit,
• Extending the EASA’s remit beyond safety,
• Optimising the use of available resources
• Ensure an adequate and stable Agency funding,
• Further integration of aviation aspects, and
• Aviation regulation beyond the EASA’s facets.
The proposals can be read in the document Advance Notice of Proposed Amendment (A-NPA).