Date & time
Session 1: 12/12/2019, 09:00 - 13:00
Session 2: 12/12/2019, 14:00 - 18:00
Sala Tamburro meeting room
Via Gaeta, 3 (entrance via Via Sapri 3)
Description of event
On 24th October 2019, the European Commission adopted the Commission Implementing Regulation repealing and replacing Regulation (EU) No. 319/2014 on the fees and charges levied by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency.
This Implementing Regulation is expected to enter into force on 1st January 2020 (subject to its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union during the month December 2019) and incorporates fee adjustment for loss-making activities, a new flat fee structure for some of the Agency's tasks for which fees or charges are calculated on an hourly basis as well as adjustments of the base metric and/or thresholds for the determination of the applicable fees or charges.
The volume of regulatory provisions and tariffs affected is rather significant and, as a consequence, these changes will have to be considered by the Agency's stakeholders for their budgeting and business planning.
With the aim to reach out to industry and to ensure a smooth implementation, 14 information sessions of 1/2 day, taking place at different locations, are offered to applicants and holders of EASA design certificates and/or organisation approvals who want to have a better understanding of the new Regulation, its financial impact on their organisation, as well as the use of the new EASA Applicant Portal.
During these sessions, EASA will:
- Explain the changes introduced to the current fees and charges regulation and the transitional provisions applicable to ongoing applications and existing approvals/certificates
- Provide a live-demonstration on the use of the new Applicant Portal which will be released on 8th January 2020
- Offer the opportunity for bilateral discussions on the expected financial / administrative impact to the specific organisation
List of events
The following events have been organised:
- 12 December 2019, morning and afternoon session (Rome - Italy)
- 13 December 2019, morning and afternoon session (Madrid - Spain)
- 16 December 2019, morning and afternoon session (Paris-Le Bourget - France)
- 20 December 2019, morning and afternoon session (Braunschweig - Germany)
- 10 January 2020, morning and afternoon session (EASA headquarter, Cologne - Germany)
- 2019/2020, date to be determined (the Netherlands)
- 2020, date to be determined (TBA - UK)
Date and location may be subject to changes.
Attendance at these info sessions is by invitation only and requires advance registration.
If you consider yourself part of the target audience and have not received an invitation, please contact: EASA_Fees_and_Charges_Regulation_2020 [at] easa.europa.eu.
Deadline for registration is 2 days prior to each event.
The number of available places is limited to 90 seats per event, therefore, seats will be confirmed on a 'first come - first served' basis. No charges apply for the participation to the info session. The accommodation and travel costs, if any, will have to be carried by each participant.
Cancellations shall be made in writing until 2 days before the start of the event to EASA_Fees_and_Charges_Regulation_2020 [at] easa.europa.eu.
EASA_Fees_and_Charges_Regulation_2020 [at] easa.europa.eu