Save the date !
Date & time
A dedicated Workshop on implementation of airlines' support programmes will take place on Tuesday 28 April 2020 at EASA Headquarters in Cologne.
Support programmes have been introduced by Regulation (EU) No 2018/1042 of 23 July 2018. The Regulation foresees that pilots of European airlines operating commercially have access to a support programme by August 2020.
With this Workshop, EASA aims to provide implementation support to the European aviation industry ahead of the application of new safety rules to allow airlines to set up the necessary processes. The Workshop is addressed to European national competent authorities, airline operators and aircrew. It will showcase practical examples of how to implement a support programme along the following themes:
- how to set up a multi-stakeholder support programmes;
- the importance of trust and confidentiality;
- support programmes for small operators;
- what is the role of peers and trained mental health professionals in support programmes;
- when to seek aero-medical advice in case of a decrease of medical fitness;
- how to establish an interface between the support programme and the operator's management system while ensuring confidentiality;
- the role of the authority in supporting the implementation and in overseeing support programmes.
Further details will be published and registration for the event will start in January 2020.
Further information on support programmes