You may cancel your project at any time by completing form FO.APMAN.00143 or by sending an email to new [dot] applications [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu quoting the EASA task number. We will confirm and, if applicable, proceed with any accounting adjustments.
Users of the Applicant Portal may cancel their application directly in the tool.
To interrupt a project, please complete form FO.APMAN.00143.
- An application may only be interrupted once, for a period not exceeding 18 months following the initial request to interrupt.
- If the initial request was for 6 or 12 months, the interruption may be extended to the total of 18 months.
- The application validity is not impacted by the interruption.
- An application cannot be interrupted retroactively. Any interruption period starts with the receipt of the request at EASA.
- EASA will automatically re-activate the application at the end of the interruption period – the applicant does not need to re-submit a new application to re-activate.
- Should the applicant wish to re-activate the project prior to the end of the requested interruption period, a request for early re-activation shall be submitted using form FO.APMAN.00143.
Fees and Charges
- The fee of an application interrupted within the first year since the application receipt shall not be reimbursed.
- Applications interrupted after the first year shall attract a cancellation fee (crediting of the flat fee and billing of actually performed hours - (Art. 9.3 of Commission Regulation (EU) 319/2014)
- A re-activated application shall trigger a new initial fee (Art. 9.3 of Commission Regulation (EU) 319/2014)
Form FO.APMAN.00143 can be downloaded here.
If you have any invoicing related queries, please contact our Invoicing Section at query [dot] feesandcharges [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu
For further information on the termination or interruption of your project, please refer to Article 9 of our fees and charges regulation Commission Regulation (EU) No 319/2014.