Can I, as DOA holder, approve a permanent minor repair design as a revision of the same repair dossier which was initially approved as a temporary minor repair solution?
A permanent minor repair design could be a revision of an initial temporary/time limited minor repair design, provided that the permanent repair would be similar to the temporary repair design. Aspects to be considered are:
- The classification of the permanent repair design shall not be different from the classification of the temporary repair.
- The limitations associated to the temporary repair design should be updated and/or removed through the permanent repair design.
- It shall be clearly marked on the design data whether it concerns the temporary repair design or the permanent repair design.
- Any additional compliance demonstration activities shall be added to the design data for the permanent repair design.
- New / updated repair instructions shall be issued for the permanent repair design.
- Documentary traceability of both the temporary repair design and the permanent repair design shall be kept and ensured.