Are EU Member States involved in related processes?
Individual EU Member States no longer perform their own safety assessments of third country operators as part of the process to grant operating permits. However, EASA Member States will continue to take care of the following, as applicable:
- Commercial agreements (traffic rights), operating permits
- Insurance coverage
- Noise-abatement provisions
- Aviation security regulations
- Exemptions from Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Local aerodrome procedures (steep approach, Enhanced Vision Systems (EVS), etc.)